Sunday, November 30, 2008

The BC post...


One more sleep! I was supposed to be on my way today but my uncles and my Grandad are coming into town today. I don't get to see them often so I'm delaying my trip by a day. No worries, I wasn't packed yet anyway!


The dogs and I went out for a last romp in the snow. This is their favorite spot for walkies, LOTS of space and no other people. It doesn't get any better than that!







Heidi wants to show off her funky ears. She also wants everyone to know that she has outgrown all the crates and is now in her very own Dane sized kennel. Don't be outgrowing this one there Heidi, they don't make them any bigger! At six months old she is now 23" at the shoulder with lots more growing left to do. Despite all my whining about her screaming and incontinence she is a wonderful dog. Very outgoing and social, she loves everyone and has lots of toy drive too. Watch out when she comes running though, the brakes aren't there yet!



In rescue dog news the puppy mill aussies are at last on their way north. I'll be meeting the great folks from Adam County Pet Rescue on wednesday and picking up the last of the 120 rescued dogs. Five of them will be coming north, one to stay with me and the others will be going to the North Van Humane society for assessment and further placement by our good friend and fellow spotty dog lover Kim. They will be well cared for there. Stay tuned for a diary of progress on whichever dog comes to stay with me.


Here they are!



Shiloh (she will be staying with me likely, she needs very serious and intensive rehab. She has not been out of the kennels yet and is a fear biter)




Pennie (she'll be fostered with Kim, another that needs intense work)




Don Juan





Scruffy (no pictures of him yet sorry. He is a black tri male though)


Cyrus See you all in Washington!

No comments: