Friday, July 31, 2009

No Dice

Phoebe, Nula, and Gibbs are still looking for their forever homes. They are all such wonderful dogs, not a single application on any of them. It is so sad that people feel deafness is just "too much" for them, they are missing out and don't even know it.







Advantages of having a deaf dog:

  • They aren't bothered by thunderstorms


  • you can sneak out of the house or sleep in without them noticing


  • they watch you more closely than a hearing dog


  • they're just so cute when they are asleep with their feet stuck up in the air!


  • and many more.....

Nula says: "won't you give me a chance? I am house trained and trustworthy left in the house by myself. I like walks and don't pull on leash and I am so very loyal I lie near you all the time and will lie by whatever doorway you went through last so I don't miss you when you come back." On another note she has not had any seizures since she has been here the last two months. I would venture to guess that they were diet related (she is on a high quality grain free diet here) and/or stress related. This really is the perfect dog and I am genuinely surprised she is still here. She is the perfect dog for a first time owner. No vices, just a sweet and loving dog looking for a permanent home.

Gibbs thinks the world is a pretty cool place these days (well maybe not literally it is 34 degrees here today!). He is now a happy and well adjusted dog. He gets on well with all the other dogs, likes cats, and likes his people. He can be a little shy if he thinks he is in trouble, but boy what a nice dog he will be for some lucky person.

Phoebe is a happy girl. She really doesn't want to be snuggled, but just let her be and she is happy as a clam. She jumps up on the bed in the morning and runs around doing the happy dance. She does love to eat! I know she is work, but she so deserves the chance to be happy in a home of her own.

No comments: