Thursday, March 5, 2009

Phoebe figured out the couch!

She did it! Phoebe has learned how to jump up on the couch! Yippee! I have picked her up a total of three times this week just to put her on the couch on leash to spend time watching t.v. She has been getting very special popcorn treats and tonight her supper hand fed to her while up there. About half way through I take off the leash so she has the choice to leave or stay. Usually she stays until the treats are gone and then she is off and back into her kennel sanctuary. Today I locked the door to her kennel about twenty minutes before we started, put the leash on her to pet her and then pick her up, put her on the couch and took the leash off right away. I hand fed her her dinner and she crawled right up on my lap to try and get her face in the bowl (she was mad since I fed all the others first and she had to watch!). Then when I got up to answer the phone she jumped off the couch as I expected but jumped right back up again. Yippee! So of course I rewarded that with some more treats. We'll see if she does it again. But now she knows she can do it I think sh'll be up there more often. I am hoping this will lead to her coming closer and lying near me, which will hopefully lead up to the dreaded "petting."

Gin the SPCA foster dog is doing really well. She has worked out the majority of her issues around resource gaurding and is doing fabulous with all the dogs in the house. She is crate trained nicely now and is showing me who she really is. She is a very soft little dog, if you raise your voice at all (Like Sobe get OFF the counter!) she hides in a corner. She is a very loyal little thing and likes to lie next to me wherever I am. With some confidence building she is going to be a fantastic little dog.

2 comments:

Okcowgirlz said...

Hmm, Gin the SPCA dog...? I havent seen her, have I? Do you have pictures? Would love to see her.
Dawn

Performance Canine said...

Sadly no pictures, I dropped my camera off the deck doing just that and broke it! She is a cutie for sure though.