Saturday, February 21, 2009

We Did It!

After two and a half months in foster care, I was able to pick up Phoebe this week. Not only did I pick her up without being bitten, I held her in my lap for half an hour, massaging her from top to bottom. She didn't pee on me this time! She did shake and pant, but what the heck, that's minor compared to being cornered and picked up by the scary human without biting or peeing your pants! Yippee!!! I am giving her a few days rest before we do it again, I don't want her to associate me (and the leash) with scary things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must have been a great moment for you both... you have worked hard, congrats...

Performance Canine said...

Thanks! It has been literally two and a half months of counter conditioning. We still have a long ways to go but we are on the road!